Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The pattern so nice, I’ll knit it twice!

At least twice for myself and a third time as a gift for someone else.  I am referring to the No. 7 Charlotte pattern from Rowan 38 by Theresa Venning:

Ohhh..... Ahhhh....

(Excuse the picture quality – my camera battery is hopelessly dead so I had to resort to my cell phone)

I wanted a slightly looser knit than that shown in the pattern, so I used Wendy Fusion yarn in Cinnamon (approx 1.5 skeins) which also allowed for a beautiful coloration.  I will not be making it in Juniper by Sidar next (already on the needles) and it already looks totally different from the garment above.

On another note, I have developed the habit of checking out knitting pattern books and magazines from the library and making copies of the patterns I can’t live without. It’s all perfectly legit (no file sharing, reselling or selling of FO here my friends) but I do think that the local librarian thinks I am a bit off my rocker.  I walked in there the other day to pick up some books and she took one look at me and said “hey it’s the knitter again”.  There has been a couple of books I have checked out that I have decided I could not live without, so Amazon will be pleased with that side effect of this most recent addiction.

1 comment: