Friday, April 10, 2009

And when I am not knitting…

In Denmark, there is a law that states that every person must have a name by the time they are 6 months old.  This can be done by either walking into city hall or baptizing the baby in a church.  Since every person in my husband’s family has been baptized, married and buried in the same church we have opted for the latter option for both of our children.  My son’s baptism will be Easter Sunday (12. april 2009) and the gown that he will wear was hand made by a family friend years ago when my husband was baptized.  He turned 29 for the 5th time last October, so do the math – this gown has taken a beating.

After looking at it, I have had to work a bit on the stitching on the gown itself and sew an entirely new under-dress.  After a couple of days of work, the dress is now repaired and outfitted with a whole new under-dress hand sewn in raw silk… if only we all had it this good :-)

Sweat and tears pay off Seriously, I think it was time well spent.

del.icio.us Tags: ,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment