Friday, April 17, 2009

D-man’s Rock Star Bum Wrap

If only we were all so cool… I have just finished felting a soaker for Dan ny and I have to say, I am quite pleased with myself.  I couldn’t find a soaker pattern that accounted for felting, but if you are going to make one and want to make it as waterproof as possible, it really should be felted.  The pattern is one I found on Ravelry called WHW Plain Wrap by Ruth Garcia.  It was fine as it is, but by using a larger needle and making it in a size large rather than the size small that I needed, I was able to accommodate for felting it.  Here is the finished project before felting:

 P1010050P1010051

Notice that the stitches, especially around the star are a bit wonky – I wasn’t really being careful since I knew that this wouldn’t show once felted.  The finished felted project is here:

P1010053 P1010054

All that is left now is to sew in the aplix along the waist band and to give it a lanolin treatment.  I have ordered a bottle of lanolin proofing solution from Imise that hasn’t arrived yet.  If you have normal lanolin on hand, it can be used for such a project, but when it comes to something for children and especially with items used in such a sensitive area, be careful and make sure to use pesticide free lanolin.  There has been a couple of cases lately with lanolin that had levels of pesticides that could be dangerous :-S

Anyway, can’t wait to see him rock out his new soaker out.  Never thought I would say I would like to see one of my finished projects full of… well… nasty-nasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment