Not knowing yet at that point if it was a girl or boy, I opted for relatively gender neutral colours - fire engine red and a softer orange.
The orange cap I did with some Handmaiden Casbah that I had laying around. The leftovers went to the baby vest I made recently, so I managed to get a matching set out of the skein and might have enough left over for some little booties. We shall see...
For this cap, I followed the pattern quite literally with regards to needle size, etc. I did find though that the yarn had so much give that the gauge is a bit larger than what was suggested in the pattern, meaning the hat is a little large as well. The baby I am carrying is huge though... so I think this "knitting error" might work out in my favour as he will probably need it to cover this quickly growing head sooner rather than later.
The second had, the red cap, I did a little differently.