Thursday, April 2, 2009

Gundsømagle to Earth - You Out There?

Allow me to introduce myself: I am a relatively new knitter in the grand scheme of knitting bloggers, but I find it so interesting that I can stop talking about it. The idea is that I will use this forum to talk about what I am currently working on, what I want to work on and anything else knitting related that comes up. Trust me - that's a lot of stuff to cover.

I have two children: a 6 yo girl and a 3 month old boy who are usually the benefactors of my knitting efforts. Being based abroad, I am heavily dependant on the internet for patterns and other knitting resources. I have yet to learn the Danish knitting lingo so using patterns bought here isn't an option (I chose to blame the plentiful bounty of web based patterns and not on laziness...).

So what I am working on at the moment is a sweater for my son. As I said, he is only 3 months and we are now in April, so I have chosen to knit it large and hope that he can wear it in the fall. I found a great adaption to the Yoda Sweater posted by Sooz and am knitting it up with a great cashmere/merino blend I bought from Lynghøjgaard Garnbutik. I can highly recommend the pattern if you are looking for an easy and satisfyingly quick project :-) Will post a picture once I get the pieces sewn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment