Wednesday, May 27, 2009

FO: Baby Surprise Jacket

It took me a bit longer than I had anticipated, but my first attempt at the baby surprise jacket is now completed.  Last week I poured boiling hot water all over my left hand and the idea of loading wool on top of the burn was less than appealing, so the project was set on stand by for a couple of days.  Now that I am healed for the most part, I was able to complete the project just a few minutes ago:

P1010010 After talking to some of the people on Ravelry’s BSJ forum, I decided to go with two larger buttons for the closure rather than the recommended small 5 buttons.  I could see before I got to make the button holes that 5 would not have made a lot of sense and I am happy with the way my little pandas from Stof og Stil look against the mystery alpaca I used that I inherited from someone in my family:

P1010012 Overall, I am happy with the results although it will be a year or so before it will fit #2.  It’s very heavy so it will make a good heavy sweater for late fall or very early spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment