Sunday, May 17, 2009

Welcome to spinning hell

I write this post as I find myself confined to the sofa under my duvet after having gotten horribly sick.  The day started out innocently enough – my son slept through the night and then after having a little bit of a morning snack let me sleep until 9 am.  When I woke up, there was fresh coffee, scrambled eggs and toast waiting for me that my husband was sweet enough to make for me.  After that, my daughter and I got dressed and headed to the gym for a mommy/baby exercise.  You know, it wasn’t an innocent start to the day – that’s a great start to the day.  And then everything went terribly wrong.

At some point along the line I must have eaten something bad or caught a bug.  I personally believe that it maybe has something to do with my strained efforts to keep up with the spandex clad spinning instructor who should really learn to lighten up on the peroxide that taxed my body.  I started getting a headache and then I felt a little weak.  Suddenly I felt like I needed to be sick and it had to be NOW.  I have since then spent all of my Sunday on the sofa, feeling like the floor was falling out of me and hoping I could keep the tea I just drank in my stomach. 

On another note, I have finally started a project for myself: the Runway Bolero.  Instead of making it with stripes, I am making it out of a discontinued solid dark blue merino wool from Gepard called Retro with a row of gartner st. where the pattern calls for stripes.  I haven’t worked on it today (for obvious reasons :-S) but I look forward to picking up the needles again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment