Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Quickly becoming a Zimmermaniac

I have began to understand and appreciate the simplicity that is Elizabeth Zimmermann patterns.  Right next to me, I have a copy of Kitting Workshop which has several great patterns in it.  I have decided to bust my stash (so I have space for more yarn… ) so the baby surprise jacket.  It’s a quirky kind of sweater that is a lot of fun to make.  I feel like I am assembling a puzzle and I don’t really see the whole picture right now, but I fully expect that once I am casted off and get to fold it up, I will get a sudden “a-ha” feeling.  Almost done – as soon as I find the cord to my camera, I will post pictures of it soon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Funny, I just took Knitting Workshop home from the Library yesterday. At first I was thinking that it appeared very boring, but but but - I discovered several interesting things, e.g. the baby surprise jacket and the Rorschach jacket

    Mette

    ReplyDelete