Monday, May 4, 2009

My Araucania Scarf

I am still working on clearing out my stash and have round a ball of Araucania Pomaire Multy in my plastic rollaway. I bought it back during my pregnancy from Pavi Yarns with the intention of making a sort of loose stitch deconstructed strip that I could use as a belt (with the help of a little broach or something) that could later be used as a scarf when my body was hopefully back to something that resembled it’s old self.  Line so many things that never happened (the scarf/belt, not the body) so I have a 100g ball left.  I’ve not found a pattern I was happy with, so I decided to wing it.  I have been playing with it off and on all day and finally decided to try something with a garter stitch edge and raspberry stitch center.  Not complex at all, but with this type of color complexity in a yarn, sometimes it’s nice to let it speak for itself:

Close-up of scarfI am happy with the results so far -  It’s a bit deconstructed like I was originally thinking some months ago and in my opinion, it’s somewhat reversible.  I know most knitter’s believe that stitches are only truly reversible when they are the same front and back which raspberry stitch is not, but it looks good on both sides.

I will post a finished pattern and pictures (front and back) when I am done.

del.icio.us Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment