Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I’ve been busy….

For the past few days, I have been knitting periodically, but the majority of my time has been spent on other projects. I am now sitting in our newly renovated office that we have spent several weekends working on.  When I say “we” I really mean that Jesper did the majority of the work and I jumped in at the last minute so that I can claim some of the glory for myself :-).  It turned out very well and surprisingly light considering it’s on the corner of the north side of the house. 

On a crafty note, I have been working on making myself a knitting needle cozy.  Having a nicely renovated office and a husband with a taste of the anal-retentive tidiness he had brainwashed into him in the army, I figured it was time to get give the guy a break from the clutter ridden pack rat habits of his wife and rid the room of the mess of needles that were laying about (I know you are reading this, so sorry honey – you know it’s true…). 

 

Another project has been to accumulate a good start of a fiber collection for my newly acquired spinning skills.  My packages from the UK arrived today and I can now say that I found some good suppliers that provide cheap but high quality fiber and equipment:

 My new carders from The Alpaca Spinner

 1 kg white massam top from World of Wool

Cashmere from World of Wool

And then I decided to take a risk and buy something called a Botany Lap Waste from World of Wool, which is the top waste from the blending machines they use to blend specialty orders.  It’s just as top grade as the regular fibers they sell and since I am a novice, I thought it would be a fun experiment.  For £8 for a full kg, it can’t hurt to try it out and see what kind of results I can get.  Stay tuned to see the results…

 

del.icio.us Tags: ,,,

1 comment:

  1. As long "we" can still make pancakes then everything is all good honey.

    ReplyDelete