Sunday, December 29, 2013

FO: Knitted Baby Vest

I haven't been knitting a lot lately, but as I find my size growing and my due date for my third child quickly approaching, life seems to be taking a slower tempo.  What used to take a lot of my time now takes up much less and I suddenly have time for other things like knitting.  Besides, knitting requires a minimal amount of bending over or stretching which is always a plus at 34 weeks pregnant.

So my first finished object in about a million years is of course for the baby.  I found this pattern on Ravelry and knitted it in some leftover orange Handmaiden Casbah sock yarn I had laying around.  I finished it off with a some little buttons I found at Handler, this small sewing accessories shop I found right next to Kongens Nytorvet in Copenhagen.  Now, I could write an entire blog post just about this shop and the magnitude of their selection and great service, but will resist the urge for now.  I went off of the Danish pattern and found that it was a very quick knit and gave a very satisfying result:


Vest #2 is already casted on - pictures of the FO including buttons from Handler to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment