Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Autumn in August?

The grey boring weather has taken over the Danish skies yet again.  You may ask “When did it ever really leave?” but last week we had a week of summer.  A whole week.  And now I sit in my office overlooking the Østerbro neighborhood of Copenhagen and the sky looks like this:

Capture

I am in that red dot – Right in the middle of the lovely blue swirls of sudden rain showers and ominous black clouds.

I grew up in Seattle, so the soggy socks the rainy, dark days bring around here don’t usually get to me but today my office looks like this:

215013_10150281693398874_734953873_7556701_1084546_n

You can hear crickets chirp.  I took this this morning before the clouds rolled in so it actually looks like a nice day out.  So what’s a girl to do?  I think it will be a knitting lunch today.  Just me, my food and a good ball of yarn. 

A little news on my Elvira sweater: I am only missing about 75 gr. of yarn before it’s done.  Kind of makes me wish I had remembered to take it with me to work today.  We could have had a nice lunch at the local café together…

No comments:

Post a Comment